NRGkick Connect – solar energy for your electric car
Which driver of an electric car doesn’t dream about charging it with solar energy? In combination with the NRGkick charging unit, NRGkick Connect makes solar led charging possible!
With four easy and at the same time efficient charging strategies NRGkick Connect offers the best solution for solar led charging available:
- Surplus charging – your electric car is charged with the surplus solar energy
- 100 % solar energy – all of the generated energy is used to charge the electric car
- Supportive charging – for smaller photovoltaic systems. You can choose how much power from the grid is used in addition to the output of the PV-system
- Sunny Home Manager led charging (for SMA systems)
All that you need is:
- NRGkick charging unit (Bluetooth-variant)
- NRGkick Connect
- Compatible inverter that is connected to the same network*
Currently, communication is possible with inverters from Fronius and SMA as well as with the Sunny Home Manager 1 and 2 from SMA. Other brands like SMA, Kostal,… will soon be added.
NRGkick Connect is not only efficient, but also very easy to use: Setup takes only a few minutes and is possible without any programming effort!
*Inverters from Fronius only need to be network-compatible. SMA inverters must be network-compatible and have Modbus TCP (not RS 485) if the strategy “Surplus”, “100% sun” or “Supportive” is selected. Alternatively, if the strategy “Sunny Home Manager led charging” is selected, direct communication with the Sunny Home Manager 1 or 2 is also possible.
In order to recognise the power consumption of the house for the surplus charging strategy, an Energy Meter from the respective provider is required. Alternatively, an estimated house consumption can also be entered in the NRGkick App.